Unmarried separation

If you and your partner are unmarried and your relationship ends, you do not have to take any legal action to formalise the separation, even if you are living together.

However, if there are issues such as children, housing and financial matters to sort out, you should consider taking out a separation agreement, also called a Deed of Separation.

A Deed of Separation is a record of who said what and what you and your partner’s responsibilities are. It is advisable to seek professional legal advice when drawing up such an agreement, in order to ensure you are protecting your interests for the future. Betteridges can draw up a separation agreement for you, taking into account your individual circumstances, and advise you on what it should cover.

Alternatively, if you and your partner are living together, you may want to consider drawing up a living together agreement.

Please do not delay contact us to arrange an informal chat about your situation. Call us now on 01992 505406 (International callers +44 1992 505 406) or complete our Online Enquiry Form and we will soon be in touch. Or email info@betteridges.com.