Same-sex separation

If your relationship breaks down and you are in a civil partnership, you can apply to the court for the partnership to be dissolved. This is referred to as civil partnership dissolution.

Under a dissolution, you receive the same entitlements as a spouse who is getting divorced. You can apply for financial provision in exactly the same way as a divorcing couple, by way of a lump sum, maintenance, property transfer or pension sharing orders.

If you are concerned about your assets or protecting your business we can advise you on the best course of action, including drawing up a pre-civil partnership agreement to protect your interests.

When it comes to child arrangements following a dissolution, the same laws also apply as if you were going through a divorce. You can apply for financial provision with regards to any child or children you may have. However, if surrogates are involved or other third parties, your circumstances may be more complex and it is therefore important that you receive advice from a specialist lawyer such as Betteridges.

If you are ending a civil partnership or you are concerned about any of the above issues, please do not delay contact us . Call us now on 01992 505406 (International callers +44 1992 505 406) or complete our Online Enquiry Form and we will soon be in touch. Or email