Provision for Children

This is a complicated area of Family Law for unmarried couples as it not covered by a universal piece of legislation (as is the case with married couples or those in a civil partnership).

If you are unmarried and have children then on separation you need to consider applying to the Child Maintenance Service [formerly Child Support Agency] for monthly maintenance payments and also applying to the courts for a financial provision order under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.

When property is involved applications under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 [TLATA] may also need to be considered. If you find yourself in such a situation telephone to speak to one of our family lawyers and we will guide you through this potential legal minefield.

Make A Free Enquiry

Please call us now on 0333 12 12345 (International callers +44 1992 505 406), complete our Online Enquiry Form or email and we will soon be in touch.