I am in a registered civil partnership and wish to separate. What is the process of ending a civil partnership and do I have rights on separation?

The process for ending a registered civil partnership is called dissolution. It is a very similar process to that of divorce and, like a divorce, you must have been civil partners for more than one year before you can apply.

Civil partners have the right to make financial claims against one another arising from their partnership. You should therefore seek the advice of an experienced family law specialist as to your circumstances.

Now that same sex couples can legally marry in the UK many couples are choosing to convert their civil partnerships to marriages.

Customer Satisfaction

“An excellent service, Tom was charming!”

Bob & Edgar