I am a grandparent and I am being prevented from seeing my grandchild is there anything I can do?

Yes. Grandparents can make an application to the court in respect of their grandchildren.

They will require the permission of the court to do so but this is almost always granted where the grandparent has a genuine interest in the child’s life.

The first step would be to try to resolve matters with the parents and a letter from an experienced family solicitor may help to identify and resolve the issues.

Customer Satisfaction

“Living in Hertford I had seen Betteridges advertised locally and booked in to see Mark for some advice. He was very personable and gave excellent advice and really understood the specifics of my case. I didn’t feel bombarded with information and was given clear and concise instructions during the course of my case.”