I am caring for a child do I need to obtain legal guardianship in the UK?

First of all we would need to establish whether you have Parental Responsibility for the child. Mothers always have Parental Responsibility as do married Fathers. Unmarried fathers will have Parental Responsibility if they are named on the child’s birth certificate and the child was born after December 2003.

Grandparents, other relations, and step-parents and partner won’t have Parental Responsibility. There are a range of orders the court can make to confirm the legal status of a child’s care these include a Child Arrangements Order, a Special Guardianship Order, Care Orders, Supervision Orders, and Adoption.  Please contact us for a free consultation as to the most appropriate option for your circumstances.

Customer Satisfaction

Using Betteridges online divorce service was most beneficial to me as I live outside the UK. I was able to complete my divorce without having to take time off work, which greatly reduced my costs.

Mr T H