Betteridges deal with every aspect of family law, including drawing up agreements for unmarried couples and providing advice and support should your relationship break down.

Many couples who live together on a long term basis believe there exists a ‘common law marriage’ which gives them the same legal rights as married couples or couples in a civil partnership, should they split up.

However, that’s not the case. Unmarried cohabiting couples do not have the same rights as married couples, which is why it is important to approach a specialist lawyer such as Betteridges to find out how you can protect your interests.

If you are unmarried and separating from your partner, or you need advice on drawing up an agreement, please call us on 0333 12 12345 (International callers +44 1992 505 406), complete a Online Enquiry Form or email info@betteridges.com and we will soon be in touch.