After a divorce or a separation, the parent taking care of the children may wish to relocate them either within the UK or to another country.

If the move involves child relocation outside the UK, then permission must be obtained from anyone with parental responsibility for that child / children, otherwise the removal could amount to child abduction.

Betteridges are experts in advising those clients wishing to relocate their children and also clients who may be opposing the relocation of their children. To ensure the best interests of your children are met, we will act quickly and guide you on the important factors to consider if your case involves the relocation of your children abroad. These include:

  • The chief motivation of parent seeking to relocate;
  • Practical issues such as where the child will live, financial support, school arrangements, language issues;
  • Contact with the parent left behind, including frequency of contact and international contact arrangements.

Please do not delay contact us to arrange an informal chat about your situation. Call us now on 01992 505406 (International callers +44 1992 505 406) or complete our Online Enquiry Form and we will soon be in touch. Or email